Monday, October 20, 2008

Blog of Note: Demons & Dragons

Okay, I have very little idea what this blog is about. The titles are in english, but the text is Eastern European (I am guessing), perhaps Polish? Anyway, it is called Demons & Dragons, and has some D&D content, some day-to-day type content, and then a bit of dirty nun photos and art, like below. Browsing through it can be a bit odd, as the "previous post" link seems to float around on some pages (occassionally it is halfway down the page, over post text), and is not in english. Apparently "Starsze posty" is older/previous posts. It looks interesting, I just wish I could read it!

4 comments:

Jamdin said...

The site does appear to be Polish and Poltran is a fair Polish to English online translator.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Cool, thanks. I have to figure some of those posts out :-)

Jarl Frå Oslo said...

Hey :D. Yup, It's in Polish, and "starsze" means older / previously published. Ah, and it's Central Europe - right to Germany. ;)

Blog is about retro-gaming (OD&D mainly). These nuns... umm... It's gallery of French painter - reason why I published it on Demons & Dragons? OD&D have monoteistic/christianity model of religion (I mean 3LBB only - crosses, holy water, christian level titles of Cleric class) and such things as "gone on Dark Side Of The Force" nuns are inspiring. ;)

Sorry for my English. :)

Darius Whiteplume said...

No problem on your English, Jarl. My Polish is non-existent. I am glad you stopped by.

I had just posted about Deities & Demigods being the first real attempt at pantheons for D&D, but had forgotten how christian the original books were, as you mentioned the titles and holy symbols. I liked the nun pictures because they remind me of Juliette by the Marquis de Sade... The nuns in that book were definitely on the dark side!

Post a Comment