Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Virtual Action Figures: Micro-Heroes!

I think people still do these. I used to waste a lot of time on them. Micro-Heroes are basic body templates with big heads, originally used for some avatar application. The whole story is on Wikipedia here. Some are really basic, then some people do a lot of really intricate work for the limited number of pixels. Anyway, I found a CD with some I had done long ago and thought I'd post. I was on a bit of a Red Sonja run apparently.

2 comments:

Reis O'Brien said...

I love these things! I just recently discovered these, and did a blog post about them a while back. I love that you made a Conan! You can see why here...

http://geek-orthodox.blogspot.com/2008/08/little-tiny-itsty-bitsy-micro-heroes.html

And you win mad cool points for making a Belit!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Glad you like them. Most are early ones that are pretty standard as far as styling goes. I got a bit more creative on later ones, but will have to search my old CD/DVD/External Backups (read, offloaded crap to make room on my hard drive ;-) I remember doing a much better Red Sonja...

Post a Comment