Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Premature Book Review: Spiral (a slight return)

I touched on this one last week. Still not finished (I am a slow reader), but a quick update. This is a good book. You do not really have to read The Ring (though I recommend it), because there is a description of the important events in the course of Ando's investigation. It is very much a detective story still, but it hit this wall of sudden creepiness. There were at least two chapters that left me wanting to "put the book in the freezer" (a la Joey Tribiani with The Shining & Little Women).

Rachel: Hmm. (she opens the freezer) Umm, why do you have a copy of The Shining in your freezer?

Joey: Oh, I was reading it last night, and I got scared, so.

Rachel: But ah, you’re safe from it if it’s in the freezer?

Joey: Well, safer. Y'know, I mean I never start reading The Shining, without making sure we’ve got plenty of room in the freezer, y'know?

from "The One Where Monica and Richard Are Friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment