Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Story Virus Meme

The idea: a story that branches out as other people write it. You get tagged, write a paragraph and pass it on. Link back to previous, or the base of the story. Pick some folks to continue the story.



The bus was more crowded than usual. It was bitterly cold outside, and I hadn't prepared for it. I noticed that a fair number of the riders were dressed curiously. As I glanced around, I stretched my feet and kicked up against a large, heavy cardboard box laying under the seat in front of me. (Splotchy)

I looked around for the box's owner. Across the aisle from me, a pretty girl flashed me a smile and cocked her head. She was motioning toward the box. Encouraging me. Sliding the box back towards me, I opened it and was immediately confused. Inside was a plastic rain poncho, a police baton, and a Donald Duck mask. I looked around and saw that several people were wearing plastic rain ponchos. I looked back over at the pretty girl. "You're ready for this, right?" she asked me. "They wouldn't have sent you if you weren't ready." (Samurai Frog)

Ever since the Aum Shinrikyo subway attacks of '95, I have only taken the bus. There's no telling when some group of crazies would get together and cause trouble. Now here I am, on the bus, in exactly the type situation I was hoping to avoid. The girl smiled again. Maybe if I got into this costume I could lose myself in the crowd when we reached our destination. Then I realized, I was the only one with a mask. (Darius)



Tagging:

1 comment:

Splotchy said...

Awesome continuation of the story!

Thanks a lot for participating in it.

Post a Comment