Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fiction's Finest Nerds #7: Tish Katsufrackis

Petratishkovna "Tish" Katsufrakis is a character from the Disney animated series The Weekenders. While she is the obligatory "smart one" in the group of goof-balls, she also is a bit of an artistic dilettante. She born in the "old country" and is often embarrassed by her parents old world behavior. She is a vegetarian, and likely jewish (Disney likes to add diversity without being too upfront about it. Tish celebrates Hanukkah). Often an episode will revolve around some thing that needs doing, and Tish is the driver, trying to rope the others into line. She has the normal high math/science/grammar skills, but also has a penchant for literature. One of my favorite episodes involved her being hooked on old detective novels and film noir; she spent the entire episode talking like Philip Marlowe or Sam Spade.

1 comment:

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

Again you are speakin my language brother...FINALLY someone told me what TISH actually stands for. When I immitate my mother I always use an immigrant accent even though she doesn't have one. Why is that relevant. Its not. I am just having being 'TISHY' - a word so due for its moment.

Post a Comment