Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Meetup.com: My first two encounters.

Well, using Meetup.com I have joined four groups, and had meetups with two of them.

First, a not so enthusiastic web design group. Only two others showed up, but we all had varying experience and skills, so I learned about a few things I may have never heard of.

Next, a D&D group. It was a lot of people. Nine of us all together, so kind of a lot for D&D. I was not familiar with the world (Eberron) and my 3.5 skills are a bit lacking these days. All in all it was fun. No serial killers or overly weird gamer types.

So, I am planning more adventures in the world without internet... There are two groups I have not met with yet; one is atheists and the other vegetarians. Both groups have the potential for higher weirdness than gamers, so if you don't see any random posts from me in a few days, call 911!

3 comments:

Mark Bruno said...

Pretty cool site. Unfortunately for me, it doesn't look like there are very many gaming groups in my area.

But I could always join up with the Fox River Ageless Divas 40s and 50s Plus Women's Group or the Fox Valley Polyamory Meetup Group!

Darius Whiteplume said...

In my area there is a "Back to Nature" group which is a bunch of middle-aged to geriatric nudists. They have a group photo [flerg]... One guy is naked except for a t-shirt with the sleeves cut off. I say "do your own thing," but muscle shirt with no pants, for a group picture... WTF?

Darius Whiteplume said...

BTW: Fox valley sounds like a swingin' place. Literally.

Post a Comment