Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shit Talkin' Tough Guys: Tombstone

I was thinking the other day that there is a huge section of my nerdly loves that I have completely ignored on this site. A section that fuels movie love and RPG character attitude. Nothing is better than a shit talkin' tough guy in a movie, and Tombstone is less western than it is a shit talking genre of its own. Below is one of the best clips from the movie. Bask in the hyperbolic glow as Kurt Russell intimidates a bowel movement out of Billy Bob Thorton.

5 comments:

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

Oh brother you have got this exactly right. This is one of my all time favorite movies with the best performance Val Kilmer will ever give in his life. Next time you watch it remember to yell - "You tell em I'm comin...and HELL'S COMIN WITH ME!"

Darius Whiteplume said...

"You ain't a daisy! You ain't a daisy at all!" :-D

Thanks for stopping by Calvin. Took a peak at your blog. Love the crocheted Doc Doom!

Keith said...

Hey there. I love this film. It's become one of my favorites. There are some great performances here, especially Val Kilmer. He was amazing in this film.

Darius Whiteplume said...

[fingering pistol] "We cross?"

I always give Kilmer the most credit in Tombstone, but have been on a Kurt Russell tear recently.

There are a ton of great people in this one. Powers Booth [Curly] is great. Michael Beihn [Johnny Ringo] is a lot of fun (those teeth kill me). Wasn't Billy Zane the foppish "Mister Fabian"?

I do think Doc Holiday is more powerful because Wyatt Earp is a tank. You expect him to be tough. Doc is so squishy acting... The only way you know he's a badass is because of his reputation.

Mark Bruno said...

Val Kilmer had so many great lines in that movie, like this exchange between Doc Holiday and Billy Clanton:

Billy Clanton: Why, it's the drunk piano player. You're so drunk, you can't hit nothin'. In fact, you're probably seeing double.

Doc Holliday: I have two guns, one for each of ya.

Post a Comment