Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Ah, that new follower smell!

Big welcomes to new followers.

First we have Cerebus660 of The Glass Walking-Stick, who I believe is waiting for those eight magic words, "a lone survivor, and he is miraculously unharmed." ;-)

And we also have the esteemed Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein, former(?) foe of our friend Dr. Zaius. You two play nice, now. The election is over. You can see what the hell I am talking about at Monkey Muck, or stop by Monkey Scan, and other blog collectives you can find at his profile, because I am a lazy bastard.

So, again welcome, and everyone go see these blogs. Don't make me get all Cobra Commander up in here; by which I mean whiny and sexually ambiguous.

4 comments:

cerebus660 said...

Hi Darius, thanx for the mention! But excuse me for being as thick as a whale omelette: what's that "lone survivor" quote all about?

Darius Whiteplume said...

Oh, I thought you blog name had something to do with Mr. Glass from Unbreakable. He had a glass walking stick. That was just something he was saying to Bruce Willis in the movie. My bad. :-)

cerebus660 said...

No problem :)
I'll have to watch Unbreakable again - can't remember that bit. The title of my blog is from an essay by the early 20th century English author, GK Chesterton. Pretty obscure really, I just liked the sound of it.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Ah, maybe they knew about that when making the movie. A glass walking stick is a bit of a paradox, neither good as a weapon or walking aid. I am not familiar with Chesterton, just a quick Wiki look.

Now, a plexiglass walking stick is another matter entirely :-)

Post a Comment