Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Fiction's Finest Nerds #14

Pete Wrigley (the older brother) is a bit of a nerd. Evidence: his little brother is the coolest kid around (he has a tattoo for goodness sake), he's in love with a girl who wants to stay friends, and most damning, he is in the marching band. I won't say that being a ginger makes him a nerd, but it never helps.

The older Pete narrates the episodes of The Adventures of Pete and Pete, and is often the hero, occasionally using the power of nerdliness to save the day, such as in the episode "Day of the Dot" where he uses their science demonstration on how a water molecule is formed to win his love back. All this by changing the marching band routine. That, my friends, is high nerdery!

5 comments:

Jay Amabile said...

Pete and Pete was filmed in Jersey!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Yeah, Kate said she worked at the mall where some of it was filmed. I always thought it was a Canadian show.

Keith said...

I never watched this show, but I do remember it.

Rev. Fred Phantom said...

Truly one of the best shows of all time.

Jeremy said...

I loved this show when it was on Nickelodeon.

Post a Comment