Friday, February 27, 2009

Nerd Girl of Note #25

Who is it? Meg Foster
Websites Fan Site
Why do nerds love her?
Oh, there are so many reasons.
Meg Foster has made quite a run in nerdery. She appeared as Evil Lyn in the oh-so-fantastic [sarcasm] Masters of the Universe, she portrayed the goddess Hera in the Xena and Hercules television series, she's a Star Trek alum having appeared in an episode of ST:DS9. Then there are appearances in Quantum Leap, The Twilight Zone, Miami Vice, and The Six-Million Dollar Man. Oh, and They Live and Leviathan. Sheesh! That's a lot.

Click Image to Expand in a New Window/Tab

Meg Foster
Evil Lyn

Meg Foster
Evil Lyn

12 comments:

Uranium Willy said...

I will never forget Meg Foster's chilling eyes. She looked blind. Almost an uncomfortable experience to look to at them.

Bill

Darius Whiteplume said...

They are pretty scary. I wonder if she had to wear contacts in MotU? :-)

Wings said...

I think she would be AWESOME as Poe's Lady Ligeia, as her eyes are so damned remarkable!

Reis O'Brien said...

She was about the only good thing to come out of the MOTU movie.

Keith said...

Her eyes were definitely what always caught me.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Wow. I picked her out at the last minute. I almost flaked on NGoN this week. Glad I picked a winner! :-D

Wings said...

How bizarre... You post about Meg Foster, and I comment about her being a great Lady Ligeia and then this pops into my Google Reader:

http://classictales.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=437790#

Serendipity?

Lubbert Das said...

I always get her mixed up with Jane Badler from "V"

Darius Whiteplume said...

That is pretty eerie. Here is a link to an page on Ms Badler (honestly, I had to look her up).

Mickelodeon said...

Meg Foster has gorgeous eyes - did anyone catch her in "Welcome to Arrow Beach?" I saw it years and years ago - costarring Laurence Harvey and Joann Pettet. Haven't seen it since.

Yum-Yum said...

I love [no sarcasm] Masters of the Universe. And, of course, the beautiful Meg Foster as Evil-Lyn (the reason I ended up here). :)

Darius Whiteplume said...

It is a rather endearing movie, which I normally hate. For some reason I always thought Max von Sydow was Skeletor. Very funny that they are vegetarians on Eternia.

Post a Comment