Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oscar Bazaldúa Nava

I came across Oscar Bazaldúa Nava's name from ¡Historietas Perversas!. He does some really great comic art, which reminds me of comics from when I was a kid. The pictures below involve Mistico, who is a real Luchador, but also, it appears, one of Nava's characters. Most of these are from Deviant Art.

Click Image to Expand in a New Window/Tab

Mistico
A cool take on Spider-Man

Mistico


Mistico


Mistico


Mistico


Mistico
Looks like if Conan was a luchador!

5 comments:

Calvin's Canadian Cave of Cool said...

What are you telling me...Conan is NOT a luchador? Okay..now I want to see a luchador comic. Thanks for spoiling my day and only adding to the list of things I will never have (like my rocket pack). Thanks for finding new things to interest me.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I think Conan might be a Luchador if he was around today, except I don't think he'd like the mask — I imagine he thinks he's pretty :-)

I might have to look for some Mistico comics on eBay.

Keith said...

These are so awesome. I love all of them. Conan as a Luchador would be quite a movie. Thanks for posting all of these.

Reis O'Brien said...

This artwork is so up my alley that it's unbelievable. Thanks for posting it, Darius!

MC said...

Luchadors are the coolest men on the planet.

*starts chanting El Santo*

Post a Comment