Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Poll closed, Local Stores win!

Well, you guys are lucky, at least 9 of you are, to have a good local game shop. We have one that is all Magic the Gathering, and another that has everything, but the people who run it are scary.

Well, I am going to call my old beloved game shop from Raleigh and get the PHB2 from them and support my small business geeks!

Here are the final results, as I am going to take the poll down:
Local Game Shop: 9 votes
Big Online Shop (Amazon, etc): 3 votes
Online Game Shop: 2 votes

What online shops do you guys use? I am always wary...

5 comments:

Darius Whiteplume said...

Crap. I think they went out of business. Friggin economy.

The Acrobatic Flea said...

I use Leisure Games (http://www.leisuregames.com/) primarily. It's a bricks'n'mortar shop in North London - although I've never been there.

They are reliable, offer subscription services (I get KoTDT and Crusader from there each month), and have been in business for years.

I've tried other, cheaper, online stores on occassion, but simply haven't found tham as reliable.

Atom Kid said...

Madison has 3 great stores, and some smaller ones that come and go. My favorites are The Last Square (mostly wargaming, modeling, and they carry military art prints), Pegasus Games (one of the first role playing game stores), and Misty Mountain.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Anyone ever use Paizo? They seem like a big operation.

Atom Kid said...

I've never used Paizo, but have heard really great things about it. Also RPGNow.com is supposed to be really good as well.

Post a Comment