Monday, March 23, 2009

Premature Book Review: The Song is You

I originally heard about this book at LTftTE. Empress Kate had good things to say, and her legion were in agreement. After the fine suggestion of The Monster of Florence, another imperial favorite which I enjoyed, combined with my love for Hammett, Chandler, Thompson, and Cain I couldn't get to Amazon fast enough.

Alright, I am not far into it, but this exchange alone has sold the book. I have trimmed it a bit for brevity.

"Is it serious?" he says [...]

"Not really," she replies, tilting her head. Then, with a klieg light leer lewd as a burlesque dancer but with infinitely greater appeal: "But I'm having the time of my life."

I do love a classy frail with a deviant streak; Add unnecessary alliteration, and you've sold a book to me brother. :-)

2 comments:

Tenebrous Kate said...

I'm SO delighted that you're enjoying the book so far! I am literally beaming at knowing I've recommended two winners to you. I hope Abbott's novel continues to deliver the goods for ya! I've just started reading "Die a Little" and it's every bit as good as "The Song Is You" so far. It's wonderful to stumble on great authors quite by accident :)

Darius Whiteplume said...

I am going to have to do some literary posts soon. Look back at some of the oddball books I have read. I cannot say enough good things about Haruki Murakami. Kafka on the Shore or The Wind-up Bird Chronicle are excellent books. Hmm... Where to start.

Post a Comment