Thursday, March 26, 2009

Two problems with deleting your Navbar acknowledged

While I still advocate the removal of Navbars, there are two things I miss.

1. The "New Post" link. I am a narcissist, so I read my own blog. ("I am smart and funny, aren't I?") Now I have to go to the Dashboard. I have several blogs, and Blogger shuffles them according to which had the most recent post. Not really a big deal, I guess.

2. The Blog Search. Believe it or not, this might be easy to fix. A search box is an easy script. I will try to have something drawn up by the weekend. I like to be able to search blogs for posts that include things like "Darius Whiteplume is smart and funny," or "why does Darius Whiteplume post so much Mr. T crap lately?"

7 comments:

Tenebrous Kate said...

I pity the fool who isn't reading your blog, Darius.

Word verification: uncron

Which I can only assume is a dyslexic version of one of your favorite mythical creatures ;)

Rick "The Hat" Bman said...

I got rid of my navbar awhile ago... search box is an easy fix. Just post this code where ever you want the search box.

Apparently I can't post the code... so replace "[" and "]" with "<" and ">" respectively

[form id="searchThis" action="/search" style="display:inline;" method="get"][input id="searchBox" style=" width:125px;" name="q" type="text"/] [input id="searchButton" value="Search" type="submit"/][/form]

Darius Whiteplume said...

That is roughly what I was going to say. I was going to do a "what is the URL of this page" thing. I love playing with Javascript. It is the Play-Doh of programming languages.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@T.K. - you are too kind.

They don't deserve pity :-D

I am VERY full of myself today!

SamuraiFrog said...

I removed the navbar and immediately missed the search function.

http://blogger-templates.blogspot.com/
2007/04/search.html

I used this one, and so far it works great.

Tenebrous Kate said...

You guys RULE--Thank you to Darius & SamauriFrog for making my blog a better place. This has been a good Friday after all :)

Word verification: ferskin

Which... is rather naughtily alliterative.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Mr. Frog, you are our savior. Don't let anyone nail you up to anything, okey? :-D

Post a Comment