Saturday, May 23, 2009

Big Day at the Whiteplume Residence

I typically blog from work, or more likely from my laptop. The problem with the laptop is that I use it often on my lap. Laptops are too hot for the testicles, if you pardon my blunt language. Well, no longer. In the mail today I got a lovely piece of tech from One Jay of The Sexy Armpit fame. A nice, cool wireless keyboard, and yes I mean "cool" in both types of common parlance. Big ups to Jay for the geek love!

The other big thing was that we made the trip to Charlotte to go to IKEA. It was like The Lord of the Rings. Google Maps was way off, and the little towns had badly marked highways. It took five hours to make the three hour trip!

Once we got there it was pretty cool, in a homeowner sort of way. We ate at the IKEA cafeteria, and spent way to much money on things we could, in fact use.

While there, I found what my rapper name would be. I guess they forgot to add the space before the "G" :-)


It took a log time to get home. We decided to take another route, and it was as poorly marked as the first. Ah well. It was an Adventure in Nerdliness!

8 comments:

Mickelodeon said...

Well, at least you made it there and back alive...did you have the compunction to sing lots of ABBA songs whilst to and fro?

Darius Whiteplume said...

Nah, but we do have thatfreakin' "Poker Face" song stuck in our head. Now you probably do too :-)

Wings said...

Sometimes those kinds of trips are the best ones, the ones you will remember.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Wings - beat the hell out of staying in Fayette'Nam for sure :-)

wiec? said...

hope while at Ikea you had some Sweedish Meetballs. last time i was there i had 2nds.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@wiec? - would have, but we don't eat meat-with-feet. The macaroni and cheese was pretty rockin', though :-)

Tommy Salami said...

hey Farty G. nice find. Google Maps has started to suck. It's especially embarrassing when you transfer waypoints from it to your GPS, it puts its inaccurate coordinates instead of the address, so your GPS takes you to the wrong spot too. argh.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Tommy - We have been considering getting a GPS, but just can't bring ourselves to do it. I always get the weirdest directions when I use one. A Tom-Tom once took us on a crackhouse tour of Cincinnati to get to my uncle's house. He's lived there for 30 years, so not sure why my Mom didn't know the way :-)

Post a Comment