Friday, May 8, 2009

Nerd Girl of Note #32

Believe it or not, I like ST:VOY, ST:ENT, and ST:TOS, but I was never into ST:TNG. Maybe it was because the bridge looked like a giant '89 Mercury Sable? Maybe I was not into sci-fi at the time? Who knows? Well, I appreciate The Next Generation a bit more these days, and it is in no small part to Marina Sirtis, aka Counselor Deanna Troi.

I have a weird history with Counselor Troi. I never found her to be that sexy, but that might have been my distaste for TNG. Now, I find her sexy, but notice how weird her outfits could be. She was the start of the "non-standard issue" uniform that would be taken up by Seven of Nine and Commander T'Pol, but they did not have their crotch technology down-pat apparently. Sometimes the crotch of her outfit was a good four inches lower than I imagine was necessary. Possibly they were trying hard to avoid camel-toe?

Anyway, Ms Sirtis has held up pretty darn well, and is an animal lover, so "three cheers for Counselor Troi! Make it so!"

Click Image to Expand in a New Window/Tab





8 comments:

boukman70 said...

When TNG first came on, I so desperately wanted to be a fan. But I just couldn't stand the show, and Troi was a huge reason. I mean, that whole empath thing just infuriated me. You'd have the Enterprise surrounded by 15 enemy ships ready to blow them to hell, and Troi would pipe up, "I sense a feeling of apprehension." I couldn't deal.

Wings said...

I never liked Star Trek UNTIL The Next Generation. And when it was gone, my interest in the other shows waned.

However, Troi wasn't 'it' for me. Oh no, I was gaga over Dr. Crusher. From the 3rd season on, she was the Trek lady for me!

Darius Whiteplume said...

For me, TNG and DS9 are too closely linked to be a favorite. I don't like to "hate on" (as the kids say) DS9, but it doesn't seem to do anything for me.

Nobody into Tasha Yar yet? Cute-ish, but a bit butch for my tastes, sometimes (the clenched jaw look is not her friend).

Maybe that is what is great about Star Trek? There is somewhere for everyone.

Jamdin said...

I watched ST:TNG mostly for Troi. She was not only intelligent and had a cool power but she was sexy in a subtle way.

Darius Whiteplume said...

She's definitely the reason I pay attention when it is on :-) Oddly, I first started liking her when she was on Voyager in the handful of "Murdock" episodes (I forget who the character was, but he was Murdock on the A-Team).

Booksteve said...

She came out late at a Con one time and I was going to have to leave for work halfway thru her onstage appearance. I told my wife I was about to get up and leave when suddenly from the stage, Marina yells, ""Excuse me! Where are you going?" but NOT to me! Some other guy was attempting to leave, also. "I'm the attraction here, you know?" she asked him. "What do you have that's more important than me right now?" (She was obviously playing btw, not being egotistical) I shrunk down in my chair, waited another ten-fifteen minutes and then, as she was walking the opposite direction onstage, kissed my wife and kicked open and jumped out the nearest fire exit door! I was late for work.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Booksteve - That is funny.

9uy said...

I'm Seven of Nine fan, but counselor Troy had her moments as well.

Post a Comment