Friday, May 29, 2009

Nerd Girl of Note #35

As if being in Freaks and Geeks was not nerd-cred enough, Linda Cardellini portrayed the greatest of nerd girls, Velma Dinkley (hallowed be thy name) in two live action Scooby Doo and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. As Velma she broght what many of us were waiting for; the self-conscious, bookish, know-it-all, but traded in the baggy sweater for a low-cut top. I for one was in nerd heaven.

Now, I have to forgive Ms Cardellini for appearing in one of my least favorite show, E.R., but that is easily done. She also appeared in Legally Blonde, the Twilight Zone episode "The Path," and an episode of Robot Chicken.

9 comments:

Fabulastic said...

Hi.

Here is a tumblr you just might love:

http://wolfstep.tumblr.com/

cheers!

Booksteve said...

I was right there next to ya in nerd heaven, buddy!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yes..very nice choice. If I had to pick one actress to have that bra and panty tickle and pillow fight with Milla it would be Linda. Oh and your tumblr site is wicked cool.

Keith said...

I think she's very hot.

lemonbee27 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darius Whiteplume said...

lemonbee27 - I thought there was a Scooby Doo episode of Robot Chicken, but I don't think IMDb listed it.

K and S said...

Now THAT'S a sexy woman!

Darius Whiteplume said...

@K and S - Now her in a Tomb Raider reboot I could see :-)

Phronk said...

She is very noteable. I once saw Scooby Doo on TV, and wondered what ever happened to her, and ended up browsing Google image search for like 5 hours.

Post a Comment