Thursday, May 14, 2009

Okey, now things I like, and welcomes!

Since I did pet peeves, I thought I should do a more positive post. No particular order.

1. New Followers! Hey there, and welcome.

2. The Mighty Boosh: This is an absurd British comedy now showing on Adult Swim. Sundays at 1am Eastern, IIRC (IPU bless you, DVR!).

3. Mountain Dew Baja Blast: The best reason to go to Taco Bell, except when it's a Taco Bell/Long John Silver's, then it is bonus!

4. Béla Bartók's The Miraculous Mandarin: A banned ballet. The music is so Hitchcock it is scary, and it was written in 1924.

5. Trader Joe's Cookies: All of them. Before these I thought food was love. Now I know that food can be a three-way.

6. Tumblr: At first, Tumblr was very confusing. Then I realized it was just an expanded Twitter. Now when I see something I like, I Tumbl it.

7. New Star Trek Action Figures: They come with little bridge pieces. It is the greatest thing ever! Well, that is an exaggeration.

8. VGA Input on the LCD TV: We finally caught up with the 21st century and got an LCD TV. The other night we watched Star Trek VI which was downloaded from Amazon. If I get a Blue Tooth keyboard and mouse I may never touch my laptop again :-)

9. Amazon Kindle: Great for reading books, particularly for reading naughty books in public (hey, it is research). Also has web access, which is not great, but good for Twitter on the go.

10. The Daily Bunny: How could you not love The Daily Bunny?

6 comments:

iasa said...

Dude, I never knew The Mighty Boosh was being shown. I love Noel Fielding.

Thanks for the heads up

Darius Whiteplume said...

Improving the lives of others. It is my calling.

;-)

Wings said...

Tumblr??? What the freak... I just got used to Twittering or whatever the hell it is verb-wise and now there is something else?

Poop.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I say Twatting, but then I am foul-mouthed.

I don't think it is a replacement, but kinda Twitt-y, Blip-y... A new way to annoy your virtual friends :-D

Gilligan said...

I just spent 20 minutes wandering through your Tumblr - awesome stuff there.

Between blogging, blipping, twittering and tumblring you certainly are active on the ol' internet!

Darius Whiteplume said...

What ya tryin' to say? I'm a shut-in with no friends?

:-D

Up until recently I had lots of downtime at work. Now we are one man down out of three and double the work. I think that is something I like about Tumblr - you can just re-blip other people's content (I try to do it in a "hey look at this cool stuff" fashion, rather than "plagerize").

Post a Comment