Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Songs Stuck in My Head: You Were Mine, Rainbow Connection


Alright, two songs by the Dixie Chicks. Surely not everyone's cup of tea music-wise, but give it a chance huh? You Were Mine is from the "Wide Open Spaces" album, and is a brutally sad song. It is like Dolly Parton and Reba McIntyre got together and said "that Barbara Walters is a punk. Here's how you make people cry." I am a lover of the brutally sad song, and this one... You might want to go ahead and get the Ben & Jerry's out, put on your sweatpants, and get the tissues handy, 'cause it's a killer!



Next, happier, catchier, and originally a Muppet song. Here is Rainbow Connection, which for some reason strikes me as being a very Atheistic song. Can't really explain why. Give it a listen and, if you are so inclined, tell me what you think. I don't proselytize.

8 comments:

Wings said...

Love "Rainbow Connection", but I MUCH prefer either the original or the great take Jason Mraz did on it.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I came across this one by accident. I couldn't find many actual Muppet songs. I'll have to check for the Jason Mraz. Was he an American Idol kid?

Wings said...

No, he's not from "Idol". He is a singer/songwriter who, I think, is pretty damn talented. Check out some of his stuff.

Music Promotion said...

Yup I agree he is really talented..

Music Promotion said...

Yup I agree he is really talented..

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

fuck you Darius...now I am crying in the Cave for that Dixie Chicks song...and first of all its not manly and secondly there is NO crying in the Cave of Cool...now I really need a hug...sniff...what right DID she have to take him away? Huh? Oh great..now there are kids involved...not cool Darius...not cool to do a brother like this.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Wings - I didn't mean to dis' the guy, I'm just not hep to all the new artists. ;-) I will blip him this afternoon.

@Calvin - I'm sorry I sullied the cave with that rare liquid; man tears. Maybe I can make up for it with a bikini chick shooting an automatic weapon? :-)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Well..I SUPPOSE that might help me a bit...would she like...be a redhead this 'chick' you speak of? And does she haz cheeseburger?

Post a Comment