Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where Will the Whiteplume's Be This Weekend?

Well, while the sister watches the house, we will be in beautiful downtown Waynesville, NC for our eleventh anniversary.

Gonna stop at Biltmore Estate in Asheville, and just bum around eating and drinking.

Why Waynesville? It is a cool little town that we got stuck in a few years back. We were taking a motorcycle trip to Deal's Gap. Three of us went. My motorcycle broke down the day before we left. Our friend's broke down the morning we were leaving. Finally the one I rode broke down in Waynesville, about an hour from our destination. It was a trying trip (I got hypothermia riding in the rain too).

So why are we going back? Well, I guess we are second chance kind of people :-) If this is your neck of the woods, drop me a line.

3 comments:

Fabulastic said...

Being a fool myself I will have to ask: What is a navbar and how do I remove it?

Darius Whiteplume said...

Not a fool, by any means. I still think the internet is a wasteland of confusion. :-)

That bar at the top of Blogger blogs with the "Search" and "Flag Blog" links is the Navbar (or "Blogger Banner"). If you go here you can see how to hide it. It shows you where to add a bit of code to your blog's template.

Drawback; there is no "Create New Post" after removing it, so you have to go through the Dashboard.

I have not heard of many blogs getting shutdown lately. It appears that Blogger is re-examining their policy, but who knows?

Here is a post that got me started on the whole thing.

Good to see you again. I just noticed I was following Queer the Pitch, but not getting a feed. Will have to look into that.

Keith said...

I hope you have a great time. It sounds like you will. I wish you two the best. Congrats.

Post a Comment