Monday, June 1, 2009

4e Haste

Okey, my mechanic-sense for 4e D&D is not very strong yet, but I did not see Haste in 4ePHB1. Maybe some more skilled may have some ideas (or point to a reference). I have a character in the campaign I am working on who will have an amulet or haste. Here are my thoughts.
  • Haste would be a Daily Power
  • Area of Effect: Self
  • Once per day effected creature gets one additional action per round:
    • attack
    • move
    • attack of opportunity (whatever it is called now)
    • interrupt
    • reaction
    • refocus to top of initiative

  • Additional action cannot be second wind or used for a healing surge.

Rationale: haste on a character is just like slow on everyone else (in a 1st edition sense). You are able to see things coming before they happen. Just try punching The Flash in the mouth sometime.

Duration is a question. I was originally thinking it should last the duration of an encounter. I figured it would be a daily power since it is a powerful one.

Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment