Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Six Random Things

I feel like I have been ignoring my blogs lately, so tonight I am taking time out from reading and looking at internet pr0n to do some posts. My last one was a bit negative, so since I have not seen any movies recently and don't watch much tv, we'll go back to the well with the great "Six Random Things" meme.
  1. From a logic standpoint, I am a pretty good programmer. From a dedication standpoint I am a lousy programmer. I learn to do what I need done, but never take time to learn any one language really well (except HTML, which I don't really consider to be a language, per se).
  2. I have worn glasses or contacts since the fourth grade. Apparently my lenses were warped when I was extracted from my mother. She did not opt for a Caesarian, and I have a huge head. Really. Think Oprah Winfrey or Vanna White. In a water displacement test, I figure my head would comprise 40% of my total body surface.
  3. I really miss riding a motorcycle all the time.
  4. I try to never say "dude" unless it is contextually relevant.
  5. I almost died on my wedding day from sepsis. My gall bladder was clogged and gangrenous. I made it through the abbreviated ceremony, but not for the reception. About halfway through that, my best man (who fortunately is a nurse and not afraid to hurt me) diagnosed the gall bladder after I had been to the hospital twice. I left in an ambulance and had surgery in the morning.
  6. This is arguably my favorite song, as I have known it all my life. And a one, and a two,

    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Deep dark depression, excessive misery.
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
    Gloom, despair and agony on me.

    Despite the lyrics, the song is not depressing, which is the point. If you don't know Hee-Haw you should know that they were parodying country music and stereotypes. Also, the song was sung in a rather happy style.


Okey, that is all. A little more insight into this man called Whiteplume, and a little more fuel for my narcissism.

7 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh Hee Haw...is there anything you can't make better? We would love that show as kids and just BELT out that tune when that skit came on. Pretty girls and corny jokes. What more could you want?

Darius Whiteplume said...

I record Hee Haw on my DVR (it is playing on the RFD channel). Everytime @tas33 see's it come on she groans.

I believe the guys who created Hee Haw were Canadians.

Dr. Zaius said...

HTML is the only lanuage I know, so I have to think of it as a language, per se...

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Dr. Zaius - we humans don't really understand language :-)

I guess the "L" is for "Language", but I tend to think of it as "Markup" - and I am a weirdo.

Carl (ILHM) said...

I really need to eliminate 'Definitely' from my vocabulary, it is grossly overused, only superceeded by 'Dude' =D

Dr. Zaius said...

I can read enough Java and C++ to get into trouble, though!

Kymera said...

Ah, Hee Haw ... good times

Post a Comment