Saturday, June 27, 2009

This just in...

Okey, I am adding to the movie rumour mills, but don't care.

@tas33 saw yesterday on the IMDb that there is a Jonny Quest movie in the works, and the rumoured Race Bannon is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. An excellent choice, I'd say.

Jonny is rumoured to be Zac Efron, which is highly possible, since Hollywood has a conspiracy to make me watch a Zac Efron movie. If they fail here you will likely see Efron staring in "The Baroness and Evil-Lyn versus Wonder Woman and Red Sonja in Naked Tag-Team Jello Wrestling" (that title needs work).

8 comments:

Louis Porter Jr. said...

The Rock is Race! That is scary good!

Atom Kid said...

No way! Johnny Quest is my all time favorite cartoon! I bet they mess it up though.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Race Bannon was the first bad-ass of my youth. I love the Venture Brothers episodes with him, even though they are poking fun.

@LPJ - I like The Rock even in crappy movies. Doom, for insance.

@AK - JQ was the coolest show. As far as a bad movie goes, they have already done crappy cartoon remakes, so the rape of my childhood will not be as harsh; more familiar in this case. :-D

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

The ROCK is the perfect blend of Race form JQ and Brock from the Venture Brothers. Just let him loose on those thugs and hitmen and I will be happy. If done right this could be a great adventure/comedy with more gadgets than Spy Kids. I for one remain hopeful till disappointed.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Kal - If they don't have Will Farrell as Dr. Quest, or include a non-Damon Wayans brother, I am with you at Camp Could-be-Good.

SamuraiFrog said...

I think that title works perfectly fine. Add Daisy Duke as a referee, and I'm already watching this movie. In my mind...

Carl (ILHM) said...

Im all in, I can see that working very well if they play it straight and not as a parody

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Samurai Frog - It is the only movie in my head :-)

@Carl - It would be nice to see something retro that is not a parody. You can't out-camp the definition of campy.

Post a Comment