Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day Three: Douche Baiting

The first two days of Douche Baiting on Twitter were very interesting. After 21 posts I had 21 followers. Not all posts attracted the robots, as some posts attracted more than one. Typical Tweets were things like "I want to refinance my mortgage" or I need the coolest ringtones."

I did lose 3 followers, so roughly 15% of people using robots actually do look at who they are following. This is a positive result, adding to the douchery of the other 85%.

Today we begin with single word Tweets, the first being "income." Typically I will not post another Tweet until my follower count changes, I may have to modify this protocol since it is possible that some words will attract no one.

You can follow my Adventures in Douche Baiting here.

3 comments:

Rick "The Hat" Bman said...

The accounts that are no long following you may not have stopped. Those accounts could have been suspended for being spam. In which case you need to devise of method to see who has stopped following you and who has been suspended.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Ah... I did not think of that. Thank you for improving my scientific method! :-)

Rick "The Hat" Bman said...

No problem, glad I could help.

Post a Comment