Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fiction's Finest Nerds #23

Max Fischer is one of those very special nerds, and one after my own heart. He is driven to greatness, but unfortunately is not very skilled in anything. He was accepted to Rushmore Academy on a scholarship, and receives terrible grades, but is leading the pack in extra-curricular activities. In high school his role does him no good, and unfortunately he will likely not understand the role suited for him; he is a facilitator. He can inspire greatness in others, but will never acheive it publicly for himself. I am like that. I took a career profile test recently which said I should be an ombudsman. "WTF?" I said. I am almost forty, and had no idea what that means. Basically it is a cheerleader, an advocate. That is what I do, just not for a living. I may have missed the train. I hope Max did not.

2 comments:

Fabulastic said...

Judging by the picture he as, at least, a fine sense of fashion...

Darius Whiteplume said...

He does wear a béret at times. :-)

Post a Comment