Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My new favorite sport: Douche Baiting

If you use Twitter, you probably get annoyed by all the TwitSPAM followers you get. People using robots, trying to get you to buy shit you don't need. Realtors are the worst. You say "going to the beach" and suddenly some jerk-off is following you who sells beach property. It is exasperating.

So, to keep the nerd in nerdliness, I decided to do a little sociology experiment. I created a Twitter account, @douchesFollowMe where I post about property, computers, religion, marketing, etc. to see how many followers I can get without following anyone. So far I have posted nine times and have twelve followers. Here was my first post, to give you an idea.


I plan to next just start posting buzzwords like "marketing" or "bible" and likely some company names. I may be belligerent eventually, just to see what happens, but for now I am just throwing my line out.

BTW: "Mike Huntiges" is not my name, it is a childish play on words. :-)

6 comments:

Scandy Tangerine Man said...

I'm actually friends with the Huntiges.
Good people. But they can rub you the wrong way at times.

Darius Whiteplume said...

They tend to get irritated easily.

Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Bait that hook and when you pull those bass into the boat be sure to bash them good and hard with that fish club. I knew I would discover an evile side to Twitter than would allow me to avoid it and mock it all at the same time. Thanks Brother Darius.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I am almost at twenty posts now. Pulled out the big gun, I thought: "Male Enhancement" - no one has bitten yet.

I think I could post "Realtors are assholes" and will get realtors following me. I can be smug and passive/aggressive at times :-)

Bubbashelby said...

lol - this is brilliant!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Somedays it is like I am using someone smart's brain.

I may have to start soliciting suggestions soon :-)

Post a Comment