Friday, August 21, 2009

Nerd Girl of Note #42

There are a lot of funny women out there, but almost no one, male or female, is funnier than Madeline Kahn. She could be included here for just History of the World, Part 1 and Blazing Saddles if we wanted, but she was also in the Brooks classics Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety, and then the oddly enjoyable Clue! Her other credits are all over the nerd-friendly-place: City Heat, Yellowbeard, The Muppet Movie, and her sitcom "Oh, Madeline!" A very funny lady. Check her work out sometime, you will not be disappointed.



As Lilly von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles

As "Mrs. White" from Clue!

8 comments:

Booksteve said...

Was surprised to see her in an episode of Terence Hill's early nineties LUCKY LUKE TV series that never aired in the US!

Wings said...

I loved Madeline Kahn. So crappy that we had to lose her so young, really. Beautiful and wonderfully wacky. A gem!

Shon Richards said...

Madeline is the reason time machines need to be invented so we can always enjoy her.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Lilly Von Schtup - 'nuff said

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I still have a crush on her.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I knew you were all good people :-)

I need to look for "High Anxiety" on tv. It is an underrated Brooks production - probably because it really helps to be familiar with the movies being parodied. I was not when I first saw it, but now I'll see some old film and say "they stole that from High Anxiety!" :-D

Ivan said...

Khhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnn--I LOVE YOU!!!
(And let's not forget her from those Pete Bogdanovich flicks, Paper Moon and What's Up Doc?)

While I'm not a fan of High Anxiety overall, her side of the phone call ("Are your pants tight?") is wonderfully salacious.

Tommy Salami said...

I miss Madeline Kahn. Talented gal. I loved when she sang "ain't got no home" on SNL. Would have loved to have met her.

Post a Comment