Sunday, August 23, 2009

Trip Back to ECU

Ah, we went back to our old stomping grounds this weekend. Greenville, NC and East Carolina University. I am starting a graduate program and went for orientation. In true ECU style, however, I blew it off and went downtown instead. It was a great time. I got to have lunch with my best man, who I haven't seen in years, and who saved my life on my wedding night. Literally. What, I haven't mentioned my wedding? That is for another time. Anyway, here are some lousy camera phone pics :-)

This is the student union bowling alley. My senior year we all finished finals early, got really lit up downtown, then decided "bowling would be fun!." It was.


Arguably ECU's best sport. I am lousy at it.


This is the part of campus I spent most of my class time in.


The ride into downtown, I think.


A little convenience store where I remember a freshman trying to buy weed from the cashier. It was funny because the place was packed and he was going on and on, very loudly.


The little woman's old place. Much fun was had here amongst our little band of outsiders.


Cubby's! A little whole in the wall, but when I ate meat I thought they had the best Carolina burger in the world. If you find yourself in G'ville anytime, you must go. This is the one time I'll advocate eating beef, so you know I am serious.


Well, that's all.

4 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh I feel your pain brother. This time of year I always get melancholy for my University days. The University of Alberta is a gorgeous campus in Edmonton. This time of year the trees are huge and the weather is beautiful and you can walk from campus to one of the great streets in all of Canada, Old Strathcona, and experience the International Fringe Theatre Festival and the Princess Theatre and just the coolest shops and eating places.

Wings said...

Cool pics. Good look with the program! And I am anxious to hear the wedding tale!

Darius Whiteplume said...

I really wish I could be a professional student. There was a guy at ECU who was apparently on disability and the responsible party found it was cheaper to send him to college forever than to just pay for him to stay home. He seemed a little mental, but who isn't?

I'll have to get the wedding tale in my head again. For now lets just say I have a 10-to-12 inch scar and left in an ambulance. Ah, the plot thickens!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I'll be passing by your old alma mater on my way to Atlantic Beach in two weeks! Yay beach!

Post a Comment