Thursday, October 8, 2009

"If you ain't got Mojo Nixon then your store could use some fixin'!"

I was/am a fan of the Dead Milkmen, TSOL, Agent Orange and other artists who were on Enigma records. Lots of their stuff is hard to find now that Enigma is out of business. There is luck if you are a Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper fan. All there stuff is free to download from Amazon! [update: this is for a few weeks, according to Mojo's website]

It might not be all their stuff, but everything Amazon has is free to download (save a few things that are not his albums).

Now, Mojo is not for everyone. A lot of his songs are ridiculous, and a lot are politically charged. But a lot of them are filthy. If you are timid, maybe just try some of the Elvis-themed songs. The more adventurous can go to "Lousiana Liplock" and "Vibrator Dependent" and finally, the most offensive one I have heard, and one of my favorites, "Tie My Pecker to My Leg."

Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper
Solo
There is other stuff too. Click here to see his artist link.

BTW: You do need an Amazon account and download their Downloader... both of which are free.

6 comments:

J.D. said...

This is awesome news! Thanks! I love the video he did for "Debbie Gibson is Pregnant with My Two-headed Love Child" with Winona Ryder. Classic stuff.

Also loved the country album he did with Jello Biafra.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I think Mojo's site said something about working with Jello again. I forget.

Keith said...

I'll have to check that out. Never really heard any of his stuff. I'm up for pretty much anything.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Keith - He is a Chapel Hill boy ;-)

marian said...

GODDAMIT!!! Dam it to hell!!
Amazon won't let me download mojo because I'm a Romanian. How the hell am I supposed to get mojo now... You guys have no idea how lucky you are.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Marian - send me an email.

dariuswhiteplume@gmail.com

Post a Comment