Thursday, October 8, 2009

October...

I have always loved October. For one thing, my birthday is in October, but I also love fall. Fall is typically just-right cold for me. I call it "football weather" even though I don't like football.

Oh, and there is Halloween/Samhain too. Unfortunately we have not had kids trick-or-treat for the last three years. We have one kid in our neighborhood, so I'll likely get her a toy as well as good candy. Maybe a toy for her dog too.

Speaking of that, I try to do gifts at Halloween rather than the traditional judeo-xtian gift-fest in December. It has not caught on yet. I get my wife gifts every Halloween, and she invariably asks, "oh, are we doing that?" Well heads-up, babe. We are doing that! At least I am ;-)

I am trying to get in the mood for the big day. I'm looking forward to all the Halloween goodies on you blogs. Doing anything special you want to plug? Post in the comments.

2 comments:

Wings said...

I am right there with you, Darius! LOVE October, love Autumn, love Halloween.

I am doing a month of Halloween/horror posts. Just randomness, but fun. I hope!

Happy October, man!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Back atcha!

Post a Comment