Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Giftmas Rundown: "I like this ship. It's exciting!"

We dodged a bullet this Giftmas. My parents are obsessed with AppleTV and wanted to get us one. We said we'd prefer a Blu-Ray player, and they obliged. Oddly enough, once I run CAT-5 to the living room, the Blu-Ray will do most anything AppleTV will. Since we were pretty sure the Blu-Ray was in the bag, we bought ourselves a Giftmas present...

"Space. The final frontier..."

What better way to break our Blu-Ray cherry than with the Star Trek reboot? I already talked about it back in May, but must tell you, it holds up pretty well to a second viewing. I caught a few bits here and there that I missed before, or misinterpreted. There are a ton of special features on the Blu-Ray, but I am not a fan. I typically just watch deleted scenes and outtakes. The outtakes were pretty good, particularly the ones with Simon Pegg (Mr. Scott) who is pretty unflappable.

If you still have not seen this, it is well worth watching.

2 comments:

Lorelei said...

I loved, loved, loved the movie. I just saw it on sale at Walmart the other night and bought it. I can't wait to watch it again, despite not having Blu-ray. You lucky bastard.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I am not sure why we wanted a Blu-Ray. We are always way behind the technology curve. I still have a Playstation 1, with no plans to upgrade ;-)

Post a Comment