Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Kreativ Blogger Award

Wings at Caffeinated Joe recently gave me this award. It is very touching, and not in the way you have to show on a doll.

The Rules Which MUST Be Followed:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.

I am a lousy rules follower, and I hate singling out blogs. I get very excited about a few and then as I try coming up with others the lack of interest on my part starts to show. That being said, I will take my time here and do a few shout-outs.

Of course the great part is, I get to talk about me!
  1. I love cacti. If it is a cactus, chances are I'll love it.
  2. I don't particularly agree with social norms and mores.
  3. If I had been born a girl I think I would have slept with the chess team guys in high school, or similar nerds. That is knowing what I know now. I think it would give them a leg up (and over, for that matter) as well as helped me establish my sexual self in a healthy manner. This all might just stem from being unappealing to even nerd girls in high school.
  4. I cannot watch The Exorcist. Just can't.
  5. My great desire in life is to go to a church that does communion, and guzzle all the wine on my go. Its the little things that can really drive people crazy.
  6. I still have not told the story about almost dying on my wedding day.
  7. I love the colors purple and green together.

Now, as far as awards go, this is where the rule breaking begins. I am going to do two, and if they see it here they'll know about it, and if they don't wish to participate I fully understand.

I enjoy the written word, particularly when it is combined with wit, insight, and a dash of subversion. I am not a skilled fiction writer, so I appreciate those who write positions, reviews, commentary. Also I enjoy blogs that (unlike mine) are dedicated, as though it were a publication. Therefore, the blogs I am suggesting you look at, if you do not already, are Love Train for the Tenebrous Empire and House of Self-Indulgence.

I give both these blogs mention here fairly often, and they are some of my earliest follows. Both are wonderful movie blogs which always point out something new to me; whether it is a historical note or an description of some nuance. Both Empress Kate and Yum-Yum should start Amazon accounts to get paid on the DVDs I buy after reading their reviews. Both seem unwilling to shill for the man, which only adds to my respect.

In closing, the universal "they" say that you hate in others that which you see in yourself, so the inverse might explain my love for both blogs. Adventures in Nerdliness is a blunderbuss of items related to what I am interested in today, while my nominees' blogs are focused and consistently well done. If I had to pay to read blogs, these are the blogs to which I would subscribe, and I am a cheap bastard.

6 comments:

Wings said...

Cool stuff! Guessing you like the Hulk's color scheme, oui?

And do tell about the wedding day story! Inquiring minds NEED to know!

aironlater said...

I found the Hick's piece on Limbaugh you were talking about. Posted it over at my place.

Tenebrous Kate said...

Gee whiz, Darius! Thank you so much for the awesome shout-out :) I'm doubly touched to be mentioned along with Yum-Yum, who as you know is one of my personal fave writers.

As for payola, I am happy just to know that people are enjoying the stuff I'm tossing their way. I'm blessed to be well-compensated in my day job, so I don't need or WANT any cash from my blogging. Once you start getting paid, it starts being work, y0 ;)

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Wings - I will have to tell that eventually, but I am afraid the hype is too big for the payoff. More hype? I have a 12" scar.

@aironlater - LOVE Bill.

@TK - Yum-Yum is a master. If you didn't see the Star Trek review, it is one of my favs. I agree on the pay thing, just saying Amazon is screwing y'all out some finders-fees ;-D

Yum-Yum said...

Totally awesome shout-out, Darius. Much appreciated.

Oh, and I'm sure if I knew who this "man" you speak of was, I'd shill for him. ;)

Darius Whiteplume said...

It's from the heart, and possibly other moist spots. ;-)

Post a Comment