Friday, January 22, 2010

Nerd Girl of Note #46

Chloe Moretz is no stranger to acting, having done quite a bit of live action and voice roles, but you may not know her. I think you will come April 10th when we see her as Hit-Girl in the un-super hero movie Kick Ass.

Kick Ass looks like it is going to be a fun film, but perhaps a bit disturbing. Problematic for me is that there is a lot of gun-play, which we tend to think the good guys would not be party to. Now, I am not familiar with the comicbook, but I imagine that since none of them have super powers guns are a necessity... Yes, Batman doesn't use guns, but he also has a lot of ridiculous tech to fall back on.

For me, Hit-Girl is going to be a big part of the film. Chloe's fight scenes are really cool, particularly since she is merely 12 years old. Certainly there is a lot of CGI and digitally removed wires, but that's everything these days. I think it is going to be pretty impressive.



4 comments:

Matt said...

You should definitely read the comic. I'm no real fan of the superhero genre, but it's an amazing book!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Thanks, Matt. I may have to check that out. I enjoy super heroes, but not comics so much. I could see this one being interesting though.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh..the comic is pretty great and they took some scenes directly from it like 300. This movie looks like its gonna be great. She is definatley a winner. Anyone that can out chew the scenery around Nick Cage gets my respect. Gonna steal this clip.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Kal - you have to love a 12 year-old who can be that foul mouthed :-)

Steal away!

Post a Comment