Friday, January 8, 2010

Strange Dream

Believe it or not, I am fairly new to dreams. Oh, I've had dreams before, but due to my sleep disorder it was an uncommon event. I had the weirdest, longest dream ever last night, and oddly enough I remember a lot of it, but as Prince says, "forgive me if it goes astray."

First, the wife and I are traveling with both our parents. It is snowing, and we are having to take a twin bed for some reason. Because it takes up so much room we have to take two cars.

We arrive at some event at a hotel. It feels like a wedding reception, but is kind of glossed over. Afterward we are sitting in the lobby and two guys are smoking a huge joint which they eventually offer to me, but when they hand it to me both ends are burning.

Then, either one of you guys, or a Twitter follower perhaps, calls me to say they are in Fayetteville and wants to help me set up some computer game. I explain that I am not in Fayetteville, but explain what I need.

Then I want to go back to my room, so I press the elevator button. When the door opens, the guy inside says "no you don't" and presses the close button. I leap in just in time and sneer. Then I realize I don't know what my room number, so I don't know what floor to push. The guy in the elevator says something snide and slips out.

I chase him and wind up at a cafeteria where my Tweet-friend SaRenna Lee is working as a waitress. I seem to remember chasing her around the cafeteria, then she broke into song. She sounded like Kristin Chenoweth (Wicked/Pushing Daisies/Glee). Apparently there were talent scouts there, because in the middle of the song a car pulls up driven by the guy who called me earlier, and he gets out with a model named "Suzie Boobies" who was crying that she was not going to get the part because Sarenna was wowing the scouts.

That's about it. Weird enough?

SaRenna Lee:

6 comments:

Knarf Black XIV said...

My dreams always cross the line from fun weird to creepy weird.

Last night a cactus kept growing out of my arm despite me yanking it out repeatedly.

Once I was trapped in a trailer park with clothes that spontaneously generated insects.

Once I was visiting the US Capital and congress tried to kill me by lowering the ceiling to crush me DOOM style. Only it didn't work because it's a dome, so I laughed at 'em.

Usually I'm just wandering around abandoned/closed malls or arcades. One of these days I'm gonna wake up in Silent Hill.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Sounds like you are taking Chantix :-D

Lorelei said...

My friend, whatever you're smoking/drinking/eating before bedtime, keep it up. That's highly entertaining.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for my recipe. ;-)

Darius Whiteplume said...

I'm just high on life, I guess.

I asked the wife for the recipe. I'll cut her off 'til she gives it to me.

Wait. That will never work :-\

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yikes. That is a freaky journey inside you mind that is both fascinating and disturbing all at the same time. One question. Did you have your man purse with you at the time?

Darius Whiteplume said...

I don't remember the man purse being there.

Oddly enough, I sent the link to SaRenna Lee, and she said something like that actually happened. Both were kind of being billed as "The New Marilyn" and Suzie Boobies raised a big stink about being first. Then she kinda disappeared. Weird, huh?

Post a Comment