Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Favorite Toys: Playmobil

Posting after seeing Calvin's post.

The real reason I love these might be that I never had any as a child. It is hard to say, but when I look now at Playmobil's collection I know how truly cool their toys are.

These are toys that don't pull a lot of punches with kids. I find with kids' toys, the bad guys are always super villains. Playmobil's baddies are normal people, and if you are going to have adventure play, then you need bad guys, right?

These are my new favorites; the Egyptian collection. Like all there collections there are normal people, and professionals, but there are also these guys: bandits and robbers who are yout to thwart your hero. What fun would Indiana Jones be without Nazis and evil cults? Nothing.








5 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I too love these 'clickies'. The insane detail and number of accessories is beyond cool. I got my first one in Germany in the 70s and it was a cowboy sherrif. His coffee pot even had a top for it. AAAAAAAAAAAA

Everytime I go to WE B TOYS I buy one since you can get them in those individual boxes.

I am definately a fan. Those egyptian desert warriors are the coolest. Great post.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Danke.

I bought a little kid dressed as a devil a few years back. I thought, knowing Playmobil, it was an actual devil. Maybe they have a Faust playset? Who knows?

When I was a kid, the neighbors had a set of "Eurocentric, beef economy, culture rapists" and "First Nation tribesmen" — or cowboys and Indians, if you prefer. The bows and arrow, when fitted with a rubber band, would actually fire. The coolest.

Bubbashelby said...

I'm always eyeing the Playmobil stuff. Got my youngest daughter a lion tamer set last year. If I had a son, I'd have gotten the Roman Colosseum lol!

Darius Whiteplume said...

I'm sure she'd appreciate the Colosseum as well. :-)

playmobil airport said...

Playmobil toy is one thing I cannot sacrifice,I really save money every payday just to ensure that I can buy may favorite collection of playmobil,Good thing that you inform me about Egyptian maybe I'll try to complete the set for additional collectibles.

Post a Comment