Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fiction's Finest Nerds #36

Sashi from Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi is the ultimate otaku. He is obsessed with sci-fi, fantasy, gaming, and girls. The show, and related manga, pits Sashi and his friend Arumi against different worlds where the rules are based on the genre it is aping. Once they capture the goblin they are chasing it tries to send them home, but always screws up sending them to a new otaku world.

They do a great job of mocking all the great anime clich├ęs. Below is a scene where they are in a sci-fi world that takes on shows like Voltron.

3 comments:

Keith said...

Hello. I hope this finds you doing well. I've been on a blogging hiatus since the beginning of the year, so it's been quite some time since I've been around to visit some blogs. I'm back from my break now. I wanted to make sure to visit your blog. I enjoyed checking out the latest posts on your blog. Great job. I'm back blogging now myself. I hope you'll take a look at what I'm doing. Thanks. Take care. Have a great week.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Now that was the greatest bat shit piece of insanity I have seen all week. Those Japanese are operating on their own frequency and this clip explains everything you ever need to know about manga or japanamation. Classic.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Glad you are back, Keith!

@Kal - It is a pretty funny show. They mock it all, and have a great eye for the cliches. There is a decent story to it as well. They are always trapped in nerd worlds because Sashi refuses to grow up. I guess I should have put that in the post, huh? :-)

Post a Comment