Friday, May 28, 2010

Nerd Girl of Note #64

Easily one of my favorite actresses. Rosario Dawson is not only loved by nerds, but is one herself. She's a Trekkie who speaks Klingon, if nothing else.

Ms. Dawson has been in some of my favorite movies, and has been one of the few bright spots in others. She kills in Clerks II, she's one of the best parts of Sin City, and hilarious in Death Proof. She voiced Artemis in the animated video release of Wonder Woman and has been on Robot Chicken. She was in Men in Black II and got naked for us in Alexander. Also, she created a comic book with Image Comics called Occult Crimes Taskforce.

I think my favorite thing about her, besides the hotness, is how ridiculous and funny she can be. Clerks II had so much awful stuff for her to do and say, and apparently the View Askew guys were worried about her. They thought the studio was foisting a big name onto them to draw a crowd. She certainly played along, and was probably better than Smith and company ever imagined. Who could blame them? The biggest things she was known for previously were a quirky teen retro movie, Josie and the Pussycats, a gritty noir comic book film, Sin City, a historical drama, Alexander, and a well known bit of musical theater, Rent. I'd be worried too. However, the best parts of Clerks II were easily Dawson's "Becky" and Trevor Fehrman's "Elias."

Best sees, in my book: Death Proof, Sin City, Clerks II. You might regret watching Sin City, but the other two are pretty darn good.




















6 comments:

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I could watch that GIF of her tongue all day long.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I understand completely.

Rex Venom said...

Oh my...
Love her.
(Lucky thumb)
Rock on!

Darius Whiteplume said...

;-)

~Trix. said...

Wait, what the heck was I doing that I missed this glorious post?? It had to have been something important like saving the universe from some big badass evil beast, hellbent on ending the human race, otherwise I should be ashamed of myself. She just may be my biggest and longest lasting girl crush...ever.

Seriously, these are so yummy... thank you for sharing. :)

Darius Whiteplume said...

Maybe your connection couldn't handle all the Rosario awesomeness at the time. It is a lot to fit through one little cable ;-)

Post a Comment