Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weird Dream

I had a weird dream. The wife and I had to go to some conference for her work. In the dream it was in Las Vegas, but it was more like the conference we went to in San Antonio. She was away most of the time, so I was hanging out in the hotel.

The hotel manager of maybe concierge was John Larroquette, Dan from Night Court. He was behaving in a very creepy manner right off the bat. He was showing me their lounge, which had a Wii. I played the one game a few times, then started reading a D&D book. He offered me another D&D book, which was an older edition, and was offended when I was not interested. Then he asked how I liked the Wii game, and wanted me to fill out a survey. The name of the survey I recognized as a psychological profile battery, and when I asked if that was what it was he said no. I did not trust him, and refused.

I got a little uncomfortable and bored, so I wanted to see what else I could do. I looked out a window I saw a bar that was separate from the hotel, and decided to walk over to it. After ordering a beer, Larroquette arrived, complaining that if I wanted a beer, he would have gotten one for me.

More weirdness ensued. Someone in the bar sold me a suit that did not fit. Then I could see back at the hotel some people were interviewing Jim Brown, former Cleveland Brown runningback. I wanted to tell him that my Grandfather met him the week before he died, and it was the happiest day of his life. This is bizarre, because my Grandfather a) hated professional athletes, and b) was a pretty severe racist. I either could not, or decided against approaching Mr. Brown.

The wife showed up, and I explained how creepily John Larroquette was acting. I can't remember her reaction, but apparently we were leaving soon and I should ignore him.

We get home, and the guy who sold me a suit in the bar showed up with a huge moving truck full of suits. All the same size, and not my size. The wife explained that they would not fit. The guy must have insulted her, because she left. I went looking for her, and could find her nowhere. I had no evidence, but I was sure John Larroquette had killed her. Then the dream ended suddenly, except that I was sure that it ended because he had killed me too. I guess you don't die in dreams, even if you know you do.

Weird.

4 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

WOW. That is pretty weird and detailed. I thought my mind was a scary place. Classic. Lucid dreaming anyone?

Darius Whiteplume said...

I was wiped out. Too much drinkee last night. I don't always sleep deeply, and the dreams stay up front.

Nathan said...

I'm pretty sure I've died in a dream before, only to wake up in another one. It was surprisingly painless, too.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I think this was the only time I appeared to die in a dream, an it did transition into a completely unrelated dream. Hmm...

Post a Comment