Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just some business.

First off, welcome to all the new followers. Some of you have been around for a bit, and hope you are enjoying it here.

Second, this blog has finally, officially reached over 200 followers! Wait, where is my vuvuzuela? That gives us a nice big number to go with everyone following on RSS and Networked Blogs.

Third, we are approaching (in September) two years of Adventures in Nerdliness, and I have had a great time. You folks who comment are 99.999% of the time nice to me, but I don't mind lurkers. Still I live for comments, so if you want to say something, feel free.

On that note, I am very glad we have such a great group here. There are many, many places on the internet where folks are not terribly nice to each other. I like to keep it that way here. I have only had to delete perhaps 2 comments in all this time (not counting Chinese SPAM). As long as we all keep it nice we can have a good time. I abhor nerd-on-nerd violence. If you disagree with me on something though, tell me. I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer and have been know to talk out of school. I am a pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, Atheist Democrat who works on an Army base. I can take a punch (believe me), but I think we'll all enjoy the internet more if we keep it nice. Like I have to tell you guys. :-)

That's all. Tomorrow's Nerd Girl of Note will be Soledad Miranda with comments on Vampyros Lesbos and how Jesus Franco is like horseradish. Intrigued?

7 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Good on ya brother for passing another milestone. I was there long ago and I still do remain. You were one of the first blogs I found and you were always encouraging to me and my efforts.

We really are lucky to have focused in on a good vein of followers aren't we? I hear some stories that curl my toes from those who have to deal with alot of the haters.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I remember being on boards long ago where people were just dying to be dicks. I have been on other blogs where that happens, but yes there seems to be quite the enclave of Resistance to such things that revolves around a handful of blogs.

Wings said...

Congrats on all the followers, well deserved! Glad to have been along for the ride, and hope the ride is going for a long, long time!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Many thanks ;-)

Jamdin said...

Big congratulations on the followers and thanks for all the wonderful posts.

joe bloke said...

nice one. I recently passed the 200 mark, meself, and it rules, doesn't it? and, like your good self, I've been blessed with the best of followers. I think the only time I've had to delete a comment on my own site is when it's been one of my own!

keep up the good work, Darius, mate!

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Jamdin - I think you were one of my first ten. Thanks for sticking with me :-)

@joe - congrats back. Glad you are having luck as well!

Post a Comment