Monday, July 12, 2010

Everyone, tell your Mom and Dad to calm the fuck down.



See that? That is a picture of Lady Gaga at the home of Yoko Ono, taken by Sean Lennon, playing Paparazzi on John Lennon's white piano. Heaven-for-fucking-bid that some tramp with little of no musical talent dare to touch the instrument Lennon recorded Imagine on. [/sarcasm]

Sean Lennon posted this picture, and Beatles fans hit the roof. Eventually Sean had to remove the offending picture. I get it. He and Yoko kind of live off John's legacy. I'm not pissed at him, I am pissed at the fans.

You know, I don't think Gaga bound and gagged Yoko and Sean then jumped on the piano and forced them to listen to her. They surely invited her. You try waltzing into Yoko Ono's place uninvited. Good luck with that. Personally, I think John Lennon would have loved Lady Gaga. He was not stuck in the past. He certainly liked Elton John and punk rock. He'd have respected Gaga's talent as well.

Look, old people. I'm 40. I grew up listening to The Beatles, and John is my favorite. I have seen all their movies, and I doubt there is an album I have not heard. If you think John Lennon reveres his legacy so much that he would not love other artists, you are out of your mind and should get rid of all your albums, except for your fucking Kenny G and Michael Bolton ones. You can have those. But if you are that narrow minded and stupid you don't even deserve your Celine Dion. Didn't John Lennon catch hell for saying The Beatles were "bigger than Jesus Christ?" Didn't he say, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me." You don't deserve the legacy John Lennon left you. Go out and buy some Pat Boone albums and shut the fuck up. If you are young and think similarly, you need to investigate what John Lennon was about instead of just being a burn-out classic rock fake hippie fanboy.

You know, maybe Lady Gaga playing John Lennon's piano might get her younger fans interested in The Beatles? Certainly they influenced her. Listen to Speechless sometime. It is very Beatles influenced musically. Instead, now young Gaga fans are going think Beatles fans are a bunch of assholes, and likely that The Beatles are too. And just maybe, where the fans are concerned, they will be right.

8 comments:

Mickey Glitter said...

I don't see what the big deal is, either, to be honest. I like the Beatles quite a bit, don't get me wrong, but this just blows me away.

Just keep Gaga away from the masked roller skating demons and the dunce cap-wearing ballerinas, okay?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEVMfG8z490

J/K about that. Gaga could probably do some interesting things with KaTe's music.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I'll try keeping her away, but she is on a mission to rape everyone's childhood. George Lucas is helping her. ;-D

Mickey Glitter said...

I just saw the KaTe video on your Tumblr. Kismet? =)

Darius Whiteplume said...

I blogged it after your comment. ;-)

Tim Brannan said...

John Lennon liked the Monkees.
I think he would have thought Lady Gaga was a scream. Shit, Yoko was doing the same thing Gaga is doing now back in the late 60s and 70s.

Dr. MVM said...

I'd like to bang Lady Gaga from behind while Yoko and her kid look on. Or even better, they could stream it live on the internets.

Lazarus Lupin said...

I do believe John Lennon's memory was already sufficiently desecrated by Yoko Ono... rimshot...

Lazarus Lupin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
Arts and Reviews

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Tim - I'm with you. You cannot be as eclectic as Lennon was and be stuck in a rut. What would The Beatles be if they kept doing Buddy Holly and Little Richard music?

@Dr. MVM - That is a visual. :-D

@LL - I almost bet a lot of this ire is directed at Yoko. The Beatles were pretty sick of each other before Yoko, and who could blame them? Imaginative people (mostly talking about John and Paul here) seldom find collaboration to their liking. It's different when there is just one lead, like with The Who. Pete could dictate policy because they all knew when he hung it up it was over. John could not lord over Paul, no vice-versa.

Post a Comment