Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Maybe I'm a Whore?

Okey folks. I was contacted recently about reviewing the upcoming Blu-Ray for Stargate Universe 1.5. This is not my first review offer. One was for a piece of software that was crap, and I was not sure anyone here cared about it. I was going to review it, and tell you what similar software is superior, but decided to scrap the whole thing.

Now, the marketing company that contacted me about SGU is going to send me a review copy of the Blu-Ray, provided I do a review. Frankly, I am not a Stargate fan. I don't dislike it, I just never got into it. So, I'll be doing the review from a non-fan perspective, and likely from a Blu-Ray quality point-of-view. How much crap is on it just to say how many hours of special features there are? Do they utilize Blu-Ray technology, or it is just a DVD on the Blu-Ray format? That kind of thing.

Anyway, perhaps afterward I'll have some sort of contest to give the disc away, make one of you gals/guys happy? We'll see. Just know I am mostly doing this for fun, and don't plan to try making money off my blog. Also, I won't praise anything I think is total shit.

4 comments:

Rich said...

Honestly, I'd sat through maybe one entire episode of Stargate before SGU launched, and I gave it a go chiefly for Robert Carlyle - and I was pleasantly surprised that it's actually a pretty good show, and it definitely picked up steam through the second half of the season.

Good enough to DVR/watch every week, anyway. Hope you enjoy it!

Wings said...

Not a Stargate fan, but hope you enjoy it!

Darius Whiteplume said...

I considered rewatching the movie since Kurt Russell is in it. We'll see how it goes. I prefer my sci-fi in movies, and comedy in my tv.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

See, I loves me some Stargate Universe but it's my favorite plot in science fiction - put people who should not be together on a derelict ship millions of light years from Earth and see what happens. It's a cool show about the relationships between people with different interests with many just hoping to live to the next day. I like it. SU 1.5. AAAAAAAA I want to KNOW what happens SO BADLY!

Post a Comment