Thursday, August 5, 2010

Short Movie Reviews

Been a slow movie week for me... Here is what I have not already reviewed.


Onechanbara: Samurai Bikini Squad I really wanted to see this. Really. I was going to buy it, then got on Netflix and put it near the top of my queue. Maybe I was too eager, but it really kind of sucked. It wasn't zombie enough to be a zombie movie, nor Kung-Fu enough to be a Kung-Fu movie (I realize it is not Kung-Fu in Japan, btw). It has its moments, but for the most part is a real snooze.

Verdict: If it is available, and you are not expecting much, worth a watch.

The Sadistic Baron von Klaus this borderline giallo from Jess Franco is beautifully shot and has a pretty good story. Young girls are being murdered, and the ghost of the long dead Baron von Klaus is being blamed. There are three suspects, and it is up to the intrepid reporter from Maidens and Murderers Weekly to find the true killer. This one is more suspenseful than gross-out. The title implies a lot of whips and chains, but these are kept to a minimum.

Verdict: pretty good. Creepy, murdery, not gory.

2 comments:

Kal said...

I love how you watch and blog about movies I have never heard of and I know ALOT about movies

Darius Whiteplume said...

Many thanks. I'll try my best not to normalize my tastes ;-D

Post a Comment