Monday, September 20, 2010

Fan-Boy Icon #23

Okey, this one is a tad embarrassing. You guys know who Tiny Lister is, right? Debo from Friday. The President from The Fifth Element. Big crazy looking guy with a bad eye? Well, I thought I knew him. I really did. See, here in Fayetteville, I worked at a bookstore next-door to a gym, and this big personal trainer used to come in all the time. He wound up in some movies, notably Cyborg, staring Jean-Claude Van Damme. His eye was injured in a fight scene. For years, I thought he was Debo, because of the weird eye thing. Turns out I was wrong. When I looked up Cyborg, I immediately recalled the guy's name; Jackson 'Rock' Pinckney.

Well, Rock only did two movies, and I can't find a picture of him. If I remember correctly he won a suit against the filmmakers (or was it Van Damme?). Hell, he lost his eye. That's a big deal in my book.

Well, not much of a story. Rock was a nice guy. He was imposing as hell though, standing well above my six-foot height, though I was young and my memory sucks... Maybe he was my height and looked nothing like Tiny Lister?

Oh, well. That's my brush with fame for ya.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Is he in the movie poster?
http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/18/A70-9407

Darius Whiteplume said...

Not sure. I did eventually find a Belgian news video (guessing it was Belgian) with a picture. He had hair in it, but I always remember him being bald. I'd watch it on Netflix, but is not streaming. :-( I like to save the DVD queue for things I really want to watch. :-)

Post a Comment