Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The October Challenge!



I have seen this around the intertubes of late, but our friend Dr. Morbius at Krell Laboratories (building tomorrow's supermen today) did a post, and a nice banner. I thought I'd spread the joy. The rules:
Watch 31 horror movies in the month of October with 16 of them (or more) being movies you've never seen before. If possible, blog about them.
I hope to visit some classics I have always overlooked, particularly from the Universal vault, as well as revisit some favorites. This will likely be the first time I will actively pimp for Netflix. If I watch something streaming, I'll give a link, not to sell it, but to let you get to it easily if you are a Netflix user. If you are not, and this is an unsolicited opinion, it is worth the $10/mo. for movie lovers.

Now, I'm off to get a few lined up...

10 comments:

Wings said...

I am sure I could watch that many, and I have tons (mostly low-grade stuff) that I have never seen before. Hmm...

Tim Brannan said...

Sounds awesome.
I might have to give it a try. I have already been lining up all the Dracula movies I have. That is at least a dozen there.

dr.morbius said...

Woohoo! Another victim...er...participant!

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Wings - low grade and horror go together like cigarettes and coffee ;-)

@Tim - If one tried, I bet the whole month could be Dracula, though it would get a tad monotonous.

@Dr. M - I have 28 as I type, randomly picked from Netflix. Heavy on the Vincent Price, but there is nothing at all wrong with that. Vinnie is arguably the greatest in the genre.

Darius Whiteplume said...

My tentative list.

Wings said...

Cool stuff, Darius. I just saw "The Devil Within Her" on Monday. Interesting flick. And I love Spider Baby!

Darius Whiteplume said...

Spider Baby is awesome. Sid Haig is a favorite, and the little creepy girl is outstanding :-D

dr.morbius said...

I think there is going to be a lot of overlap for people using Netflix for the challenge. Nature of the beast, I guess. We'll see how fast I can churn the DVDs.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Dr. M - I know I'll be making revisions. I completely forgot Invasion of the Body Snatchers, plus I have some horror DVDs on the way. Then, there is always the vault...

Tim Brannan said...

I am on-board with this! Thanks for pointing it out to me!
http://timbrannan.blogspot.com/2010/09/horror-movie-challenge.html

Post a Comment