Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Fan-Boy Icon #26

Posting this one late...

As long as we are being all Halloween-y and Elvira-y, lets take a look at Richard O'Brien. Widely known as Riff Raff from The Rocky Horror Picture Show, O'Brien also wrote the songs for the movie. The Elvira connection comes primarily from his appearance in Elvira's Haunted Hills.

O'Brien always reminds me of Peter Cushing. They have that same gaunt look and screen presence. I could totally see him as Baron Frankenstein or Dr. van Helsing.

5 comments:

kenchan13 said...

I always thought he had a cool voice to. Perfect for a Metal band or cock-rock glam kinda band. He was a better singer than half the singers in metal from the 80's.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I have "Shock Treatment" on the way. May get to see it tonight if Netflix comes through.

Al Bruno III said...

It should be notes that after I discovered that someone let my 10 year old daughter watch TWILIGHT I deprogrammed her by having her watch ROCKY HORROR.

Darius Whiteplume said...

That is the most beautiful story of parental intervention I have ever heard. :-)

Madame Enfer said...

Haha you go Bruno! She will thank you later.

Yes O'Brien's got some great pipes there. I love him in soft mode too, like in Science Fiction.

Post a Comment