Monday, October 25, 2010

Fayetteville Jazz Funeral and Zombie Walk (20101022)

Last Friday saw me at my first zombie walk. I don't know if this was the first in our little burg, but it was a lot of fun. I am not a costume guy, typically, and hate wearing makeup (unless I am going on a date [smirk]), so my costume was simple, but fairly effective. I took the motorcycle helmet I was wearing in my accident, which I do not wear to ride but could not bring myself to throw away, sawed a slot in it and shoved a costume axe blade in. Add my "Cars Suck" t-shirt and a funny walk, and I was a cycle-zombie. Being a nerd, I developed a backstory.

"So, I was riding my motorcycle to escape the zombie horde and was killed in a crash. This being the type zombie event where the recently dead return, I came back to semi-life. Being a zombie, I could not figure out how to remove my helmet (please suspend disbelief and imagine the strap is done up), I was saved from a zombie hunter's assault by my protective gear. Unfortunately, said gear also prevents me from feeding upon the living. Did I ever get the helmet off? Only Romero knows for sure."


Here is the lovely tas33 as a fresh zombie, and our friend Geri as a rather ghoulish one.


Geri again, this time with Stan, who was a big hit.


See more from this event on Facebook.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi the is Christina from Feral and I thought your costume was creative and I got a hella kick out of it.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Thanks a lot. I had a lot of fun. Tons of great costumes.

Kal said...

I loved your backstory. Even zombies have issues. What fun is it to be back from the dead if you can't chomp on others? Oh the ennui of the zombie. I love it.

Darius Whiteplume said...

A lot of people got a kick out of my costume. There were a lot of great ones, including a girl in an Umbrella Corp security uniform as a zombie.

Johny Marsh said...

Oh what a great zombie costume design.I really love this.

zombie costumes

Post a Comment