Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halloween Challenge #17

Plan 9 from Outer Space is occasionally called the worst film ever made, then Troma came along and I don't find that claim to be valid any longer.

Plan 9 is the alien invaders' plan for conquest of the Earth through the resurrection of the dead. They have a problem with humanity, and it's not exactly what you might think. This is a cautionary tale, albeit a fantastic and semi-unfounded one.

Verdict: Not as terrible as you might think, but still pretty terrible.

8 comments:

Wings said...

Still pretty bad, but the earnestness in which it was made helps it rise above some true crap that has come down the pipe since then.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I think Tor Johnson is the best movie zombie I have ever seen. He's like the prototype of every other zombie that came since. I do need to see "White Zombie" still though.

It is hilarious that the spaceship is full of furniture. I don't know if that is naïve or inspired.

Copyboy said...

SO WEIRD!!!! I JUST MET CONRAD BROOKS YESTERDAY!!! No joke.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Cool!

dfordoom said...

It's so much fun that for me it could never be regarded as a truly bad movie. Now if you want something really bad from that era, try The Beast of Yucca Flats.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Ed Wood had a lot of heart in that cashmere sweater, which goes a long way with me. It certainly could have been worse. M.Night Shyamalan could have made it ;-D

Kal said...

A true bad movie is one that is unwatchable like 'Battlefield Earth'. Plan 9 is great goofy fun and when you know that everything was done intentially and that Ed Wood was trying to make a space/horror movie, not a comedy or errors, you appreciate this movie all the more.

And you can't argue with the greatness of that dialogue

"Inspector Clay is dead...murdered...and SOMEBODY's responsible."

Darius Whiteplume said...

I remember that line, and how I did a bit of a double-take. :-D

Post a Comment