Friday, November 19, 2010

Nerd Girl of Note #88

Smoking hot, and ridiculously awesome. In many ways Rosalba Neri is the queen of Eurosleaze. She did horror films, spy adventures, spaghetti westerns, erotic, and WIP films.

Born in Forlì, Emilia-Romagna, Italy, Neri won a beauty pageant and attended acting school. She was offered a place in The Actor's Studio, but declined. The IMDb lists her as being in 99 films between 1955 and 1985. She appeared in five films with Jess Franco, including The Castle of Fu Manchu, Island of Despair (aka 99 Women), and Deadly Sanctuary.

Some of my favorites are Lady Frankenstein, Hercules in the Haunted World, The Devil's Wedding Night, and The Castle of Fu Manchu. I like that last one more for Neri than the film as a whole. She is striking in it, and always grabs your attention.







8 comments:

Copyboy said...

A-listers caught in a B-movie world. Ahh so is life.

Darius Whiteplume said...

:-)

Al Bruno III said...

Such an utter babe, I approve of this post. :)

Darius Whiteplume said...

I have been watching about anything I can find with her lately. Rosalba is to a bad movie as butter is to popcorn.

dfordoom said...

Don't forget to catch her in Lucifera: Demonlover. Rosalba Neri is awesome.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I have that in my queue now. I may need to bump it up a few slots. I need one more Paul Naschy film for the blogathon, and I have been dying to see "Slave Girls of Morgan le Fey" for some reason.

Lockwood said...

Not exactly a nerd girl, but you might enjoy...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnmcnab/5071430245/

Darius Whiteplume said...

I'd say La Bardot fits the bill. She is in some classics, and even did a few trashy things like "If Don Juan Were a Woman." Cool pic, thanks.

Post a Comment