Thursday, February 3, 2011

Hermione Granger: Auror

I have been thinking about this a bit, and decided as long as I cannot publish I might as well do some fan-fiction here. Please enjoy the begining of a serial; Hermione Granger: Auror. Remember, this is fan fiction based mostly on the works of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books. If you are one of the few people who have not read these, at least Google it and know that I am not solely responsible for this work.



Prologue

I have as much cause to hate The Dark Lord as most, but if I must point out a positive it is this; he knew how to maintain order. The ever-present threat of reprisal from Voldemort kept most of the less scrupulous members of the wizarding community in check. The problem is he also was a poster boy for the other side; a face to put with our fears. Now that he is gone, we feel safe. Evil is vanquished. Absurd.

My name is Hermione Granger, and I am an auror; a sort of special agent if you will. We seek out wizard criminals, whether they are interfering with muggles or committing crimes against their wizard brethren. Before becoming an auror I was instrumental in the front that brought down The Dark Lord. I lost friends and loved ones. I am pleased he is gone, but I am not satisfied with the idea that the world is now safe and happy. Vigilance is most important when no threat is present.




Too paranoid, perhaps? Too Fox Mulder? Will I be giving Hermione PTSD? Will I even write chapter one? Who knows?

So many questions...

4 comments:

Wings said...

I am for it, dude! Write what you want. I have written two novel-length fanfics, one for F13: The Series (the tv show) and a Friday the 13th/Jason Voorhees one. Never gonna see print, but I got the stories that were in my head out and on 'paper', so I am happy.

Darius Whiteplume said...

It really bothered me how dark the last HP books got, and then "hey, look! The SUN!" Even Malfoy stopped being a dick? Come now. :-)

Lisa said...

As a huge HP Fan I am looking forward to this.
I never really read HP Fanfic, because it often includes a lot of, uhm... strange sex.
But I guess you aren't a Hermione/Neville shipper :D

Darius Whiteplume said...

I've never read nor written any. :-) I don't know that I'll visit any of the other characters, really. One thing that keeps me from fan fiction is how little I am into the minutiae. I know I'll step on someones toes if I get too on-book with it all. We'll see if I can squeeze out another link ;-D

Post a Comment