Friday, February 25, 2011

Nerd Girl of Note #102

I think I have always been a Janeane Garofalo fan; even before I was aware of her. I have not seen all of her movies, and I certainly don't watch the cop show she is one, but she is ridiculously funny and dare I say sexy? Yes, I dare.

I recently watched a new stand-up special, Janeane Garofalo: If You Will, Live in Seattle on Netflix and am glad to see she has kept the funny. She talks about her lack of web interest, alcoholism, asexuality, and public personae. It is a funny show that I laughed/snorted at for the duration. If nothing else, watch it for the Natalie Portman obsession bit.

8 comments:

J.D. said...

That stand-up you mentioend is good - she's in fine form. I've been a fan of hers since way back when she did THE BEN STILLER SHOW and also knocked it out of the park in REALITY BITES.

Darius Whiteplume said...

Somehow I have never seen Reality Bites. I wish it streamed on Netflix; I might have to top the queue with it.

Lisa said...

She had a brief appearance in 'Dogma' and that's where I remember her face from, but I am pretty sure I've seen her more often. She's one of those actors that are creeping around in the background- right into your head.

K and S said...

I've had a crush on Janeane Garofalo but all the latest tattoos are a bit of a turn off.

Darius Whiteplume said...

@Lisa - I think she was supposed to be the lead in Dogma, but the studio foisted Linda Fiorentino on them. At least, that is what I remember from the commentary. I could be completely mistaken.

@K&S - The ink might be part of her "I have no interest in sex" agenda. :-)

Darius Whiteplume said...

BTW, there is a good interview with JG on the WTF podcast here.

kelvingreen said...

I think Janeane Garofalo is just great and should be much more famous. She also had a fairly large role in the last couple of seasons of The West Wing.

Darius Whiteplume said...

I think she really took a beating during the Bush years and from her time with Air America. She is pretty outspoken, and was targeted by the right. There is a good interview with her and Marc Maron on his podcast. [link]

Post a Comment